Every kid is extremely excited about Diwali. They love wearing new clothes and are full of energy. They keep running around the house, and they want to be involved in every part of Diwali custom. They do not want to be left out, and sometimes it is challenging to keep them occupied so that you can do other things.
One activity that can keep a kid engaged for some time is card making. Cards are a form of a personal gift, and children can give a card to everyone, from their teachers to relatives to friends and family members.
There are two ways you can let your kids make Diwali greeting cards. One is the traditional way of making a card using sheets and arts and craft supplies. The second is using an online tool, like Canva to design your Diwali greeting cards, which the kids can email to everyone.
Let’s take a look at both.
To Create an Online Diwali Greeting Card Using Canva
There are quite many advantages of making online Diwali greeting cards. It is easy to make as there are tons of templates that have appealing backgrounds and designs that you can use for making beautiful greeting cards for your family. Also, you can personalize the cards by adding your photos and videos to give the video a personal touch.
Here is how you can make a card using an online tool like Canva.
- Log-in to your Canva account and choose a template or layout from thousands of one that is available.
- You can even use your photos or fonts or quotes to make the card design more personal
- Edit the card by adding photos or videos or filters as per your liking
- Save it and send it or print it out as well.
Design Ideas for Making Paper Cards
Card Design 1: Diya Diwali Greeting Card
One of the best representations of Diwali is through Diya. So, why not make a card in the shape of Diya? It shows your excitement and love for this festival of lights.
It is a pretty simple card design and here are the things that you need for this:
- Marble red and yellow papers
- Blank greeting cards
- Sketch pens
- On a blank paper sheet, layout a Diya
- Cut out yellow and red marble paper and with the help of gum paste it on the layout of the Diya. The yellow one should go on the flame and red on the Diya.
- Use any quote or personalized message to fill in the card.
Card Design 2: A Diwali Card with a Design of Crackers
Diwali without crackers is incomplete. But as we are becoming more environmentally conscious, we are not burning anymore crackers. But that doesn’t mean that it cannot be part of your Diwali. Create a Diwali greeting card using the bursting cracker designs.
To make the card, you need:
- Sketch pens
- Blank greeting card
- Create a design of bursting crackers that you can find on Google. Paint and color it as per your liking. You can even make this card using Canva’s Diwali greeting card feature. Print the card or share it online.
- Write your Diwali wish and give it to someone special to your kid, like their friends or teachers.
Card Design 3: Doodle in Your Diwali Greeting Card
A doodle Diwali card design is one of the best Diwali greetings that you can make. Doodles are in, and you can make tons of things like caricatures of God & Goddess and bombs or Diyas or candles and more.
- A blank sheet
- Pencils and more
- Let your kid draw anything that comes into their mind like Diyas or crackers or anything festival related.
- Let them use their creativity to colour it and make the best of designs for their near and dear ones.
Card Design 4: Lantern Card
You can make a card in the shape of a lantern, or you can make lots of lanterns in the card. On a blank sheet of paper, make lanterns and color them. If your kid is great in crafts, you can let them create a cut out of the lantern and paste it on the sheet.
Try out these card designs this Diwali so that your kids know the importance of gifting something personal to their loved ones.